1. Life is full of daily choices. Choose to lean into the voice of God and walk away from the temptations of the flesh.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
2. Follow the example of Jesus in choosing to do your Father’s will and not live according to your own plans.
He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him. And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.” Mark 14:35-36
3. Throughout scripture, there are warnings of pride and humility. Forsake pride, embrace humility… this is the key to God’s blessings.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10
4. Don’t just guard your heart, give your heart to God and choose to regularly seek HIs ways through the reading and study of His word.
My son, give me your heart, And let your eyes observe my ways. Proverbs 23:26
5. Glorify God, not only in spirit and words but also in how you use your body. Don’t let your physical body be in charge. Glorify Him with your mind, eyes, ears, lips, heart, hands and feet.
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20